SORRY, NATIONAL, YOU’VE LET US DOWN - by Val Davis
Sorry, National, you’ve let us down
For so many of us that’s a fact
So I’ll give my Electorate vote to you
But my Party vote to ACT
Sorry, Sir John, this time you’re wrong
To ask us for 2 Ticks Blue
We feel betrayed - we feel dismayed
We’re wondering what to do
Chris Luxon was given a mandate
To unite us all as one
One nation, one people, one government
Under one bright Kiwi sun
But he hasn’t fixed Jacinda’s crimes
He’s barely even tried
I’ve heard it said - his heart or head
Is on the other side
He promised to come out swinging
To get us 'Back on Track’
But that firm hand - that line in the sand
He sadly seems to lack
But it isn’t too late to put things right
For a strong Coalition pact
Electorate vote to National
Party vote to ACT
Exploit the maths with MMP
Make that our only mission
Party vote ACT (or NZ First)
Strengthen the coalition
Oh how I hate to feel disloyal
I’m true blue to my core
But if enough of us follow the strategy
It’ll be right for New Zealand I’m sure
To unite us all as one
One nation, one people, one government
Under one bright Kiwi sun
But he hasn’t fixed Jacinda’s crimes
He’s barely even tried
I’ve heard it said - his heart or head
Is on the other side
He promised to come out swinging
To get us 'Back on Track’
But that firm hand - that line in the sand
He sadly seems to lack
But it isn’t too late to put things right
For a strong Coalition pact
Electorate vote to National
Party vote to ACT
Exploit the maths with MMP
Make that our only mission
Party vote ACT (or NZ First)
Strengthen the coalition
Oh how I hate to feel disloyal
I’m true blue to my core
But if enough of us follow the strategy
It’ll be right for New Zealand I’m sure


4 comments:
Summed up perfectly, and in rhyme! Great job. 👏
Im not even sure national will get my electorate vote. Yes let us down !!!!
Never a truer rhyme!
You speak for the nation Val. Ulp!
Post a Comment
Thank you for joining the discussion. Breaking Views welcomes respectful contributions that enrich the debate. Please ensure your comments are not defamatory, derogatory or disruptive. We appreciate your cooperation.