Pages

▼

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Andrew Dickens: Why Doesn't National and Act have the same pressures as Labour?


So Labour finally released their fiscal plan in the weekend.

It was much anticipated. In fact commentator after commentator for weeks now have been demanding it.

Now it’s being dissected. And mostly by the current coalition parties.

But here’s the thing. Where’s National’s. And why don't they have the same pressure.

And how about ACT.

Yesterday I asked David Seymour what spending he will cut to afford the loss of revenue from Kiwisaver tax exemption and he said enough and their fiscal plan is forthcoming.

What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander so I would like to see these plans soon.

Meanwhile I bumped into Jenny Marcroft at a Sunday market in the weekend.

And I asked her where she’ll be on the list. She has no idea. She’s waiting. We’re waiting.

There’s only 32 days until the election. Advance voting in New Zealand begins in 21 days, and overseas voting begins in 16 days. And in those days are weekends and rugby tests and more

I just feel this election campaign has been going forever but a whole lot of vital information is being withheld.

Andrew Dickens is a broadcaster with Newstalk ZB. - where this article was sourced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the discussion. Breaking Views welcomes respectful contributions that enrich the debate. Please ensure your comments are not defamatory, derogatory or disruptive. We appreciate your cooperation.