Sunday August 30, 2026
News:
Labour promises more than $20m a year to revive Māori trades training scheme
Labour is promising to invest more than $20 million a year in a dedicated trades training scheme for Māori if elected in November.
The head of Labour’s Māori caucus, Willie Jackson, said the investment would revive a scheme that was effective in connecting Māori with jobs as the unemployment rate for Māori (10.8%) usurps the national rate (5.6%).
“It can be hairdressing; it can be plumbing. It can be just about anything. What it does, I think, is it offers people some hope, people who are at a hard end,” he said.....
See full article HERE
We’re being robbed of our whanaunga’: Sawmill whānau seek justice
Former sawmill workers and their descendants are seeking specialist healthcare and compensation, while mana whenua demand action over industrial waste left on Māori land.....
See full article HERE
Hamilton shoplifter says she can ‘go where I want’ after being caught by police
After being caught stealing from Kmart, a recidivist shoplifter told police she could go where she wanted.
“I’m not trespassed; I was born here. I’m Tainui. I can go where I want,” Karrie-Ann Tiny Moana Lee Ngahere said.....
See full article HERE
Articles:
David Farrar: Te Pati Maori’s bonkers tax plan
Bob Edlin: Luxon keeps hooting (to the point of tedium) about no new taxes…
Robin Grieve: Policies based on need, not race are more equitable
Video:
Davina Smolders states her case to the Far North District Council
“It can be hairdressing; it can be plumbing. It can be just about anything. What it does, I think, is it offers people some hope, people who are at a hard end,” he said.....
See full article HERE
We’re being robbed of our whanaunga’: Sawmill whānau seek justice
Former sawmill workers and their descendants are seeking specialist healthcare and compensation, while mana whenua demand action over industrial waste left on Māori land.....
See full article HERE
Hamilton shoplifter says she can ‘go where I want’ after being caught by police
After being caught stealing from Kmart, a recidivist shoplifter told police she could go where she wanted.
“I’m not trespassed; I was born here. I’m Tainui. I can go where I want,” Karrie-Ann Tiny Moana Lee Ngahere said.....
See full article HERE
Articles:
David Farrar: Te Pati Maori’s bonkers tax plan
Bob Edlin: Luxon keeps hooting (to the point of tedium) about no new taxes…
Robin Grieve: Policies based on need, not race are more equitable
Video:
Davina Smolders states her case to the Far North District Council
This Breaking Views Update monitors race relations in the media on a weekly basis. New material is added regularly. If you would like to send Letters to the Editor in response to any of these articles, most media addresses can be found HERE.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for joining the discussion. Breaking Views welcomes respectful contributions that enrich the debate. Please ensure your comments are not defamatory, derogatory or disruptive. We appreciate your cooperation.