Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Cam Slater: Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word


Marama Davidson seems to not know how to apologise for her racist and sexist attack on Saturday. She has in fact refused to apologise and has instead “clarified” what she meant as she strode down Princes Street away from Albert Park after supporting the violence against women who were just trying to speak.

Marama Davidson is refusing to apologise publicly for saying it’s “white cis men who cause violence in the world”.

Appearing before journalists and in Parliament on Tuesday, the Greens co-leader and Minister for the Prevention of Family and Sexual Violence repeatedly said she felt it appropriate to clarify her comments, but she didn’t apologise.

Prime Minister Chris Hipkins has said she apologised to him privately, but National’s Christopher Luxon wants a public apology “to the people that she caused offence to”.

Davidson on Saturday was approached by an individual from the far-right conspiracy theorist website Counterspin for her opinion on behaviour at the Posie Parker protest.

“Trans people are tired of being oppressed and discriminated,” Davidson said. “I am a prevention violence minister [sic]. I know who causes violence in the world, it is white cis men. That is white cis men who cause violence in the world.”

Cis, which is short for cis-gender, refers to someone who is the same gender now as what was assigned to that person when they were born.

After uproar from political parties, Davidson said in a statement she was “not as clear in my comments” as she should have been as she had just been struck by a motorcycle and was “still in shock”.

Davidson said she should have been clear that “violence happens in every community”.

“My intention was to affirm that trans people are deserving of support and to keep the focus on the fact that men are the main perpetrators of violence.” 
Newshub

Yeah about that “motorcycle incident”… perhaps if she hadn’t been focusing on taking a selfie on a pedestrian crossing she might have avoided it.



She wasn’t in shock either as there is video of her shortly after the “incident” showing no problems whatsoever, and the video where she insulted “white cis men” was filmed hours after her alleged motorcycle incident.


But now for the really hilarious part of her sorry, not sorry, act.

On Tuesday afternoon, she fronted media for the first time since her comments.

“I have clarified what I intended to say and particularly affirm and acknowledge victims and survivors who may not have seen themselves in my comments and wanted to make sure I affirm their experiences,” Davidson said.

Asked if she would apologise to people who felt offended, as the National Party has called for, Davidson repeated she had “made things clearer in my public statement”.

She said it was important to her to make the clarification.

“I acknowledge that I should have been clearer in my words. I normally take incredible care. I understand the importance of my language in my work,” Davidson said.

This is how much focus I normally take in the language that I use, which is why I have clarified it in my public statement.”
Newshub

Excuse me? I’m still laughing. She is the one that wanted to reclaim the word c*nt and now she is proclaiming to all that she is usually clearer in her use of words.

Marama Davidson is a disgrace: when she isn’t getting herself arrested and deported for promoting designated terrorist organisations she is racist, bigoted and a misandrist.

She needs to be sacked, but the Government has another minister getting sacked shortly so they won’t want two to go in one day.

Cam Slater is a New Zealand-based blogger, best known for his role in Dirty Politics and publishing the Whale Oil Beef Hooked blog, which operated from 2005 until it closed in 2019. This article was first published HERE

8 comments:

Anonymous said...


The minister will be there when the last post sounds.... where else would she ( and so many other MPs) get such a lucrative job?

Anonymous said...

why don’t she and her cronies just do the haka ( in case you don’t know, a tribal war dance before attack to intimidate the enemies and unite the performing warriors).

Terry Morrissey said...

I notice that she was closely attended by two other greens psycopaths.
Note also the change in top.
Why taxpayer's money is being wasted on racist rabble that enable, condone and assist violent mobs like that is beyond comprehension.

EP said...

Who would give a damn about what silly Marama Davidson thinks if it were not that she has to be protected because she is Maori. I would not be happy about that if I were Maori and cared about truth.

Anonymous said...

Not clear that Maori trouble makers care about truth. Just power.

Anonymous said...

It's no wonder that everyone is so bloody angry. I'm a woman and I'm angry for the slur on my brothers and all men. There will be a day of reckoning Marama and it's coming soon.
It would be so easy and such a balm if she had only said sorry!
The current lot in control of the country have no idea about reading the room. The room is getting dark.
MC

Kawena said...

If Marama Davidson had said that her comment was "TaKen Out of Context" we would have understead, wouldn't we? Yeah right!

Anonymous said...

I too am angry/ hurting for the men in my life.