Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Derek Mackie: Brain teaser...or just a chronic headache?


Welcome to Who do you think I am?..... with Iza Mystry. 

 The online brain-teaser which challenges you to identify a famous NZ public figure from a series of revealing cryptic clues. 
Simply register your name and you’re ready to play. 

 The more clues you need to unmask our mystery celeb, the less points you score. Starting with 10 for getting it right straight off, down to a measly 2 for needing all five hints. 
Fail to solve our puzzle and you go on our Table of Hopeless Cases which you can view online. 

     This week’s clue is:          a politician 
     Let’s play! 


 CLUE 1 (10pts): I used to be a man of "principal" before becoming a member of parliament. 


 CLUE 2 (8pts): The welfare and education of the Nation’s children are very important to me and I possess the mental capacity to connect and communicate effortlessly with the youngest of them. 


 CLUE 3 (6pts): My favourite song is Jailhouse Rock, followed closely by Prison Blues, Band on the Run and I Ain’t Going to Rehab…no…no…no!


 CLUE 4 (4pts): I may not look it, but I belong to a powerful elite which believes in governing for ALL 17% of “real” New Zealanders. 


 CLUE 5 (2pts): I share my name with a famous scientist and, just like him, I’m able to achieve absolute zero…. in every task and position assigned to me. 


 Well, how did you do? 
 For those who failed miserably the answer will be revealed next week. 

 If you enjoyed our puzzle, check out our new game - Odd One Out, where you have to pick the only sensible person from a collection of useful idiots.
It’s really catching on! 


Derek Mackie is a geologist with a keen interest in current affairs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't see why KD should take all the flak - he's got at least as much as his colleague WJ, and possible twice as much as the man with the hat.

Don said...

Why bother with games. Parliament is a big enough circus on its own with resident clowns in cowboy hats, hideously painted faces and dress varying from used car salesman's suits to beachwear. Various women have blue dribble dripping down their chins and the Speaker wears a frilly thing around his shoulders like a pre-schooler running around the playground with angel wings pinned to its back. The spirit of Monty Python reigns in the Chamber.